Blueberries, wine, cheesecake…in a popsicle. Yes, it’s possible to have all that in a poptail. I went against my usual hard liquor & fruit for dessert profile and instead took a blueberry cheesecake recipe, then shot it up with some cabernet sauvignon and froze it.
The cabernet gives the blueberry its full bodied shot of booze, while the eggless, heavy cream and cream cheese mixture gives the popsicle its cheesecake cred, and the little bit of graham cracker crumb inserted for a crust-like authenticity brings it all home.
Forget trying to find a way to juggle your wine in one hand your dessert in the other — just mix them into one and lick your way through.
Blueberry Cabernet Cheesecake Popsicle
Makes eight 2 ¼ oz oz. popsicle
- 1 pint of blueberries (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Place blueberries, wine and simple syrup in a blender or food processor and puree. Set aside.
- Place softened cream cheese into a bowl and beat until light and fluffy; set aside. Place heavy cream into a cold bowl with sugar and, using a hand beater or whisk, beat until soft peaks form. Fold in beaten cream cheese. Portion out ¼ cup of cream cheese mixture into a separate bowl, add in graham cracker crumbs and whisk to combine. Place each mixture into separate plastic bags and cut off a corner to create a small opening.
- Assembly: Pour 2 tablespoons of blueberry and wine mixture into each well. Squeeze a tablespoon of cheesecake mixture on top of blueberry layer. Squeeze a small dollop, about a teaspoon, of graham cracker mixture on top of cheesecake mixture. Continue layering and repeating until top of each well is reached.
- Cover top of popsicle form with foil and cut a tiny hole in the center of each well. Place popsicle stick through the hole.
- Place in freezer until frozen. To release popsicles, run hot water over outside of mold for 2-3 seconds
Simple Syrup Recipe
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Place water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Cool before using.
Like what you see?
Check out our post inspired product: LUNA MINI BACKPACK